Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Walking on air

Wouldn’t it be great if on your wedding day your feet would sing with comfort and you wouldn’t have to think twice about your footwear because it was so flipping comfortable?! Well…I can’t say guarantee that you will feel exactly that way but I do have some suggested options for you to consider. Let’s evaluate, shall we?

Option 1.

Foot Petals

Super successful little company with a great tag line: “For those of us who have a love/hate relationship with our sexy shoes” – how cute is that? And well, it doesn’t hurt that their office is the ultimate of girly-dom, full-on hot pink wall and matching decor (as seen on their website). Aside from all that, these petals work wonders, they adhere to the shoe easily and are super comfy. No more dreaded walking and standing for the ceremony, those fab shoes will look incredible and feel incredible too!

Option 2.

SoleMates

Oh curse upon curses that I didn’t come up with this brilliant idea! I mean, c’mon! Any girl who wears heels has had a heel sink into the grass or get caught on a street grate. I’ve actually had both happen. The latter when I was in NYC walking the streets in my fab shoes, feeling very New York…when I walked over a grate, my heel became caught and because of the sheer speed I was traveling, my foot came right out of the shoe and landed on the dirty (did I mention it was also wet? Yeah I don’t wanna know…) sidewalk. Talk about EW. When I hopped back to get my shoe, the bottom rubber of the heel was completely torn off and lost forever and all I had left was a nub. It was a sad day.

Wow, major digression there. Anyway, these little babies latch right on to the bottom of the heel and give stability for weak surfaces like grass so you won’t sink but I think they are great in any way since they increase the surface area of the heel and allow for more control over the shoe in general. Shoes have a mind of their own sometimes…the higher the heel, the more attitude the shoe has.

Oh and these brilliant little things slide on and off with ease so no worries about damage to your fancy kicks.

Option 3.

Fit In Clouds

These little dazzlers are my most recent discovery. What I really love about them is they are super compact, they fold up and come with a little travel pouch that’s not much larger than an iPhone. And unlike typical ballet slippers these have a thick, cushiony rubber sole and there are quite a few different styles to choose from – I went with these sparklers but they also have a chic wedding white pair…and for those who are looking for “something blue” they have an ocean blue pair that could fit the bill!

Now…for the wedding day, my personal recommendation would be the trifecta. There’s no better way to make sure your tootsies stay nice and cozy than to stick Foot Petals inside (after your pro pics are taken, of course) then add SoleMates to the heels and when you’re ready to hit the dance floor slip into your Fit In Clouds. Win, win. Win! (Anyone watch The Office?)

If you read that fast enough, it could almost look like I wrote wine. And if you’re a regular ’round here, it’s entirely possible that I had to re-read that section to delete any spare “e’s” that may have magically connected themselves to the word win…I’m just being real here.

So friends, go forth in comfort! Do you have any tips on keeping your feet comfy for the full day of festivities?

No comments:

Post a Comment