Thursday, May 6, 2010

Making a groomsman happy

It’s funny how many little things you don’t think about when you first start planning. One that you really cannot forget is to thank those wonderful friends who stood by your side throughout your courtship and were thrilled to have been invited to again stand by your side as you say I do. (Can I get an “awwwww”?)

If your groomsmen are anything like ours…a gift connected to alcohol will probably hit the spot (pun intended). And for those who are looking for something that won’t necessarily promote lushery – it’s my post and I say it’s a word – read on because each of these gifts can go double duty.

First up:

A personalized travel cooler. The manly version of a picnic basket, yes? I’m picturing camping trips, tailgate parties and golf outings. It even comes with free monogramming! PS – this baby holds up to a 12-pack of beer, root or alcoholic.

Option 2:

Reef Men’s Dram Sandals. You know the old woman who lived in her shoe? Well, I’m thinking if it were a pair of Drams, might not be so bad. And I find it funny that you could roll up to a friend’s house and when asked if you want something to drink, you can point to your shoe – “No thanks, I’m good.”

Option 3:

Beer holster. A few years ago I picked one of these up while on a girls trip to Mexico for Frogger and needless to say, it was a HUGE success. When we began talking about groomsmen gifts, he insisted this be an option and I must say – the idea of our groomsmen sporting these bad boys and dueling with beer sounds priceless. Say it with me, “A picture is worth a thousand words.”

If you had to choose between these three, which would you choose? Frogger and I each have our favorites but I’m dying for an outside perspective. I should also mention that if the one I’m leaning toward is chosen, Frogger is on laundry duty…and we have a lot of laundry. My fate is in your hands, be good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment