Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I don't care"

I know I can’t possibly be the only bride out there who is planning a wedding and hears these dreaded words, “I don’t care.” Can I tell you how much I’ve learned to dislike that phrase?

(source)

Scenario:

Miss Frog: Hey, can you come look at this?

Frogger: Look at what?

Miss Frog: These fonts I’m trying to decide between.

Frogger: Fonts…?

Miss Frog: Uh ya, fonts.

Frogger: Okay.

Miss Frog: So, what do you think…do you like this font or this font?

Frogger: {looks} I don’t care.

Miss Frog: Um, what?! {look of disdain and irritation} I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that. Please try again.

Frogger: Well…I don’t know. I really don’t care, which do you like?

And the conversation continues on in this fashion.

Ladies, please tell me you can relate… Honestly, I'm not really annoyed but it's one of those little things that, with all of the other stresses within the planning process, becomes the straw that broke the camel's back.

I know I’m not alone but…ultimately this may be more of a post for the dudes. Men, please take note: “I don’t care” translates to “I don’t give a %$^&” – what you really mean to say is “I don’t have a preference” or “I like both options” or "You know what [honey, babe, pookie], I totally trust your judgment on this one." Believe me when I say, this small change in vocabulary will make all the difference in your wedding planning process.

This message brought to you by Miss Frog. Have you come across this dreaded phrase in your planning process?

No comments:

Post a Comment