Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pretty it up

Centerpieces, tents and tables, oh my! No no, don’t go – I promise to try to refrain from future cheesiness.

So after gushing about all of the fun centerpiece ideas I found, I finally hit the motherload and cannot wait to see the interpretation my florist comes up with. Have I mentioned my kick ass florist? Well, allow me to make proper introductions.

Meet Lynn with Fleur de lis. Not only is she crazy talented, we connected so well between in person and email/phone conversations that I’ve come to think of her like a favorite aunt. I just adore her. She gets it…better yet, she gets me. I write with ideas, she comes back with encouragement and ways to build on those ideas. It’s a wonderful collaboration.

When I found my dreamboat centerpiece inspiration, I about flipped. I was scared to even show anyone for fear that they wouldn’t love it like I do. Is that strange? Probably. Luckily for me, Lynn loved it and was thrilled to have the opportunity to recreate a version for me. Did I mention how much I love her? Oh, you want to see it? Ohhhh, right, of course. I’m such a tease.

Without further ado…

(source)

Are you dying? I’m dying. Birch – check. Succulents – check. Romance – check. Organic – check. Garden - check. Chic – check.

Can I be honest? After writing that portion and posting the photo, I’ve sat here just staring and swooning, it’s a little ridiculous. I just love it.

Wipe.drool.from.chin.

Moving on, since I had determined the centerpieces, I needed to find additional decor for the reception. After searching through many ideas and images online, I had decided that I really wanted to do pomanders for the tent. Something similar to this:

(source)

But after careful consideration, I realized that the poms weren’t going to really create the garden-chic vibe we were going for. They are very pretty and totally wedding appropriate but I was looking for something a little more rustic. Something that would complement the birch centerpieces.

Then I was on my favorite site etsy and found the perfect inspiration shot:


(source)

I loved that it was rustic and made from intertwined grapevines, moss, etc. I figured that if the candles were changed out to fit our colors and we used a more rustic looking rope, this could be the perfect piece to hang in the center of the tent over the tables.

And even though the poms were nixed, I found that I really liked the draped fabric covering the poles of the tent in the photo above. I searched a bit and found a fantastic deal at Ikea for sheer drapery panels…get this, only$4.99/pair! Our budget did an immediate happy dance.


(source)

Are you starting to see it? I can’t even tell you how excited I am to see everything coming together. Now I just need to decide…linens. One step at a time friends.

Did it take you a while to determine your reception decor? Did you have any moments where you found something and thought it was right, only to change your mind completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment