Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bride brain

As you get older, you have more and more friends who get married and eventually start families. From those friends, I’ve become familiar with the term “pregnancy brain” – are you all seeing where I’m going with this?

Just like “pregnancy brain,” I believe there is similarly “bride brain.” Some uncontrolled combination of internal and external forces that cause a normally level-headed, fully functioning woman to become forgetful, clumsy and just plain ditsy.

I’m telling you, I’m not a clumsy girl – I don’t trip or fall, I don’t knock things over, I don’t forget things easily…but so help me, since getting engaged, bride brain has completely set in.

(source)

As of now, my tally is up to:

  • Two broken glasses
  • One broken vase
  • One broken olive oil bottle (my favorite cooking bottle…this still makes me sad and not to mention the mess it created)
  • Multiple cooking/baking burns (in one instance I grabbed a scorching hot pan handle with my bare hand – not even 30 seconds after pulling it out of a 400 degree oven with an oven mitt…I’m smart)
  • Multiple instances of walking into a room only to forget what I walked in there for
  • Multiple bruises from bumping into furniture that has never moved
  • Forgotten my laptop power cord at my office at least twice
  • And this last one…yikes…I completely spaced on placing stamps on the RSVP envelopes, which I didn’t realize until Frogger pointed out the mistake after being already half-way through the invitation stack – oh and did I mention that they were wrapped in velum and tied with baker’s twine? Yeah…awesome.

And in the effort of being completely transparent...Frogger had to help me with this post by reminding me of the many things that I’ve dropped, tipped over, grabbed, bumped into, forgotten, etc… It’s beyond sad.

Please tell me I’m not the only one suffering from this ridiculous syndrome. And yes, I’m dubbing it a syndrome, I dare any doctor to tell me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment