Monday, May 24, 2010

My latest obsession

I’m going to assume that during every bride’s planning process she comes to this point. You know what I’m talking about…the moment when she first lays eyes on her invitations in all their glory.

I wouldn’t say that I’m particularly a big paper person but…I’m telling you, I about passed out from the excitement of opening the box when they arrived on our doorstep. And I am most definitely a paper obsessed convert now…whoa nelly. Yes, I just said whoa nelly, I'm sorry.

We were lucky enough to find our fantastic wedding invitation designer through none other than Etsy. As soon as we found Melissa at Design Circus, I knew it would be a perfect fit. We wanted something chic but not formal, friendly but not overly casual and no matter what, we needed personality. We asked, she delivered:

It's painful to have to blur these out.

The element of the invite we created ourselves – our wedding map…we’re in love with it. I honestly can't even tell you how accomplished we felt when we finished it.

The bottom says: "Please use the back of this card to write your wishes and blessings for Miss Frog and Frogger or better yet, draw a picture of them."

We’re hoping for some fun drawings and notes on the backs of these for our wedding scrapbook.

Then came time to put it all together – self healing mat, ruler, razor blade, bone folder, hole punch, baker’s twine and super secret spy pen.

And the final package – we numbered the RSVPs with the spy pen, wrapped each invitation suite in vellum, tied with baker’s twine and included a tag on the front with our website information. They were a labor of love but completely worth it!

We placed these lovey little packages in gray envelopes with side wrap-around labels (sorry no picture of that, I’m such a good blogger). I then tucked them into a Trader Joe’s paper bag (reusing makes me feel good) and carefully carried them to our local post office. Not only did they equal out to exactly a 61 cent stamp…but get this…the 61 cent stamp is none other than a wedding cake!

It was totally meant to be. Our lovely postal woman even helped me stamp them and allowed me to hand cancel each one. I couldn’t have asked for a better invitation experience.

Are you obsessed with your invitations? Are you a paper person or a new convert like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment