Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DIY for my maids

Since I had the materials on hand (thanks to my killer Michael’s trip…yes, I just referred to a shopping experience at Michael’s as killer – I know you understand), I dove right into my first project.

At this point, dear bridesmaids - read no further! These are little treats for you and I'd like them to be a surprise. Mmkay?

********

I had become completely inspired when I saw these sweet DIY hangers – thanks Mrs. Gloss and MrsPaetz!)


(source) My inspiration shot

First off, I needed to find a font that I liked. I knew I had to turn to my favorite font site – Fonts for Peas! If you haven’t been to that site, prepare for cuteness overload. Ultimately I decided on Pea Stacy.

And let the DIY begin!

I started by printing out each letter – to determine the right size, I just printed multiple sizes on one sheet and cut out the one that fit best.

Then I turned the letter over and shaded it with a pencil.

Here you can see better how I shaded the back side…and please take note that our laundry is on standby – it will make me feel better if you also avoid housekeeping duties while working on DIY projects. Thanks.

I taped the sheet with the shaded side against the hanger. I used a regular pen to go over the letter a la elementary school style.

And voila!

I used the pencil marks as a guide to create the bling. BLING!

Once I got the hang of it, things moved along pretty quickly and before I knew it…I was done!

Ta-da! I did one for each of my bridesmaids and one for me in blue. I can’t tell you how much I adore these – it was such a fun and easy project. I know the girls will love them!

What do you think? Have you discovered any DIY projects that reinforced your confidence in crafting?

No comments:

Post a Comment