Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Center of attention

You’d think by the title of this post that I’d be talking about myself and Frogger…but you’ve been foiled again, dear friends! Do you like how I use exclamation points for no reason? Me too.

The center of attention that I’m talking about is centerpieces. I can’t get enough of that gorgeous eye candy and once we determined our venue, I knew that centerpieces were going to be one of the next things on my list. My real challenge was to find something that would complement the overall surroundings. With our colors being blue, gray and purple – I knew I needed a good combination of those colors to create the look I was going for. That’s not difficult at all…gray flowers are super common.

Here are some of the ideas I found that I was drawn to:


(source) I love the mod look of this but unfortunately we have round tables and I just don’t feel like this is the right fit for our overall feel.


(source) I love the chic yet casual feel of this one and the color combination but again those rectangular tables…le sigh.

Now for some more delicious options…and by delicious, I mean edible:


(source) Loving the limes and hydrangea combination


(source) Green apples, hydrangea, orchids…lovely.


(source) lemons, limes and gardeny goodness. See how you don’t even notice the chairs? Love that.


(source) Have you ever seen artichokes and asparagus look this pretty?

As much as I love the edible options, I also wanted to explore some more traditional ideas. So I pressed on. Here are some that I thought really started to create a look that felt right to me.


(source) Okay now we’re talking, loving the purple accents and the idea of using succulents – swoon!


(source) More succulent love…


(source) As much as I don’t think a modern look is what I’m going for, this is just…wow.


(source) I love the garden feel of the birdcages but this one got a veto from the male helping to plan this wedding – shocking.


(source) Loving the casual, garden feel of this one


(source) Okay, sold – LOVE the birch…must-find-way-to-incorporate

And just for fun, a couple that I found to be super innovative:


(source) Not only is it sustainable but using the right vessels, it could have such a fun theme – science, wine, etc.


(source) Seriously?! If I were anywhere near crafty enough, I would totally try to pull this off…note to crafty bees, go forth and conquer.

As you can see, I had quite a few different ideas that I was trying to pull together. As I continued my search, I became more confused as to how to make my vision come to reality.

Let’s play “how well do you know this Froggie?” Which direction do you think I went in?

No comments:

Post a Comment