Tuesday, May 25, 2010

OMG Shoes...

Has anyone seen that ridiculous YouTube video that I’m referring to in my post title? If you haven’t, you may want to avoid it…I promise you, it will be in your head for the rest of the day…and every day for the rest of your life. You’ve been warned.


(source)

So initially I really loved the idea of the colored shoe trend. With my colors being purple, blue and gray, I thought a pop of purple or blue would be a great choice for shoes. Then fate stepped in…

Let me rewind. I will assume everyone is familiar with Nordstrom, yes? And most will be familiar with their discount store called The Rack. But…how many of you know of…Last Chance? Oh, I have your attention? Yes, I thought that might happen.


(source)

Unless you live in Phoenix or have friends/relatives here, most likely you haven’t heard of it. Well friends, let me be the temporary shoe angel – Last Chance is the discounted-discount-Nordstrom. Once items are no longer a fit for Nordstrom (past season, return, irregular, etc.) they are sent to The Rack. Last Chance is the final destination for clothing, shoes and purses, getting items from both Nordstrom and The Rack. For example, you can find a pair of Jimmy Choos that were originally priced at $300+ for $30. I’ve gotten BCBG dresses that were originally $200 for $25, it’s an endless amount of great finds, if you’re willing to put in the time.

See…it’s a big mish mosh:


(source)

So you really have to be willing to search…but if you are willing, treasures can be found. Which brings us to my shoe find. Months ago I found a pair of Stuart Weitzmans that I loved and immediately bought (for $20 no less), knowing that I would definitely get a ton of use out of them…perhaps it was also in the back of my mind that they would be a good fit for a wedding shoe being that one of my colors is gray (and my maids are wearing gray dresses with silver shoes).

My hesitation is that they are suede. The wedding is in July and well, suede isn’t the first thing you think of when you think of a summer wedding. I need your honest opinions my dear friends…thoughts?

They are super comfy, fit my color scheme and girly but not too girly. Personally I love them but I'm still wondering if a blue or purple shoe would make more of an impact. I'm also concerned people will think I've completely lost it if I show up with suede shoes in 80+ degree heat.

Truth time…are these a yes…or a no?

No comments:

Post a Comment