Friday, May 21, 2010

I hope we have a lot of criers

Okay let me break it down for you. I’m a crier. In general, I’m a big emotional pile of mush and when I go to a wedding, forget it. And well…I don’t think it would be the worst thing in the world to have a few criers in the audience. Okay I’m totally lying – I want to see tears. I want people watching our ceremony to get all balled up inside and squeeze out a few in our honor. I have issues, I know.

In the hope that we have a few tears, I made some very easy tissue packets for the ceremony. There are quite a few different versions out there that I’ve come across so I decided to make some of my own.

front and back…or back and front – depending on how you look at it…I’ve clearly lost my Type A edge

This was honestly really easy. All it took was a little time, so Frogger and I hunkered down after dinner and cranked these puppies out while watching The Office. Here’s my super simple DIY tears of joy packets:

First I gathered all of the supplies I could possibly need.

Then I grabbed some old return address labels and designed them in Word according to the template size.

Then I began to assemble, first mini vellum envelopes. And for the record, I find that a glass of wine makes DIY projects that much better…scientifically speaking.

Luckily I had help from Frogger, he was nice enough to measure out my baker’s twine. And of course he had to have his Seahawks towel in the background.

And here Frogger is modeling the correct way to stuff the tissue into the tiny envelope…oooh….aaahh. Is it crazy that I happen to love seeing him stuff tiny tissues into tiny envelopes?

After trying ribbon (which was in my supplies photo above) I quickly saw that it wasn’t creating the look I wanted so I tried baker’s twine and found it was a much better fit for what I envisioned. I laid the twine on the table, placed the envelope (flap side down) over the twine and then crossed the twine to create a cross.

I then flipped the envelope over and tied the twine into a bow.

I flipped it over and placed the label over the crossed twine on the other side and ta da! You now have a tissue packet to entice your friends and family to get all teary eyed on your big day.

Repeat and eventually you have a nice little stack!

I know they look a little simple right now since they are low on color but I’m planning to place them in a basket of some sort with some purple fabric to help them pop. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out…especially considering how little time, effort and money went into them.

Hopefully this will give our guests a little push toward some tears. Is that wrong? :)

Did you have any DIY projects that turned out to be much easier and cheaper than you expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment