Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cake Thoughts

I’m not a cake person. There, I said it.

These days everyone is looking for ways to make their wedding unique and put their own stamp on it – one thing I feel compelled to discuss is my complete obsession with the idea of scraping the cake altogether and moving to Paris so I can have a croquembouche.

Is that not the cutest and most delicious thing you’ve ever laid your eyes on? I mean, how can that not be tasty? Cake is pretty, yes…but croquembouche is sugary goodness, not to mention, very fun to say. It almost reminds me of monkey bread – anyone ever had that? I swear it’s laced with crack - monkeybread, that is…after my first time (that sounds so dirty), I literally had dreams about it. It’s THAT good.

Go get some. Seriously. Is it hot in here? Whew.

Okay another idea (and probably the most realistic in our case) is the rustic pie route. I do happen to love the backyard look of a table of homemade pies – you still get to “cut the cake” but you can avoid the icing coma that comes along with cake. Although, if your beloved decides to smear said pie in your face – that could create quite a mess. Note to self.

Check out this adorable pie set-up thanks to Lyndsey Hamilton Events:

wedding pies

The pie table is definitely my front runner but…I may need to continue thinking about this. In the meantime, feel free to send samples.

How about you, are you a cake person?

No comments:

Post a Comment