Thursday, April 29, 2010

Going green can save you green!

Yes, I did…I just used the most trendy word of the English language right now…green. But really, there’s so much more than just trends when it comes to caring about the environment. I will admit that there is always more I can be doing to reduce my carbon footprint and in that effort…here are some ways to go green which will inevitably save you some green (so you can afford that killer band or that hot, little pair of Manolos).

One recent find is Earth Aid. This nifty little site helps you calculate your energy usage, gives you tips on how to reduce that usage (which in turn will lower your bills) and then even provides opportunities to earn rewards based on your energy savings!

Another favorite of mine is The Green Guide. Supported through National Geographic, this site offers tons of helpful tips on making your life more eco-friendly. They have quizzes that test your knowledge, tips on making the most of seasonal fare, sustainable travel destinations and my favorite tool – the buying guide which compares light bulbs, water filters, sunscreen and even wine!

And although this one is a bit off topic, it’s a new favorite site that’s helping me understand and manage my finances in a way that I hadn’t before. So…if you (like so many of us) are experiencing some economic woes, check out LearnVest.

For those who appreciate these tips and are on their way to $aving some green – this Froggie accepts donations…just saying.

Have you found sites that are helping you save money while wedding planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment