Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surprise wedding video

While I patiently wait for the pro pics (Hi Stephanie!), I wanted to share with you one of the most special gifts we have received since the wedding.

I longed to have the budget to include a videographer for our big day but it just wasn’t in the cards. I knew that many family members would be videotaping various parts of the ceremony and reception and decided that would just have to be good enough.

Enter Cousin J.

Cousin J and I are just one year apart and are more siblings than cousins. He’s one of my best friends and as a groomsman in our wedding, I was thrilled he was able to make the trip up from Texas – add to that the fact that he was the best man in a friend’s wedding the following weekend in Michigan. He was a total jetsetter for a good two weeks. :)

When he arrived, he had the new iPhone 4. He worked for Apple for a while so he’s very up on all of the latest with their products. Little did I know, he had a program (similar to iMovie) on his phone and he began taping little segments throughout the weekend.

(source)

At the family brunch on Sunday that my Mom lovingly set-up for us, Cousin J secretly filmed some final segments for the video and casually said to me, “Hey – check this out” then handed me his fancy phone. The awesomeness that he created is below, there are hardly words for how incredible it truly is (PS – spoiler alert as my dress makes its debut):

I can’t even tell you how much I absolutely love this. Not only is it incredibly impressive that he literally threw this together on his phone, but it’s inspired me to collect as much video from everyone as possible to see what kind of fun iMovie I can create with additional wedding footage. Thank you Cousin J for your love and support – the day would not have been the same without you.

What are you planning to do for videography?

No comments:

Post a Comment