Thursday, July 1, 2010

The boy and his bling

I’ve already talked about my bling…now it’s time for Frogger to have his moment. This past weekend, we went to our jeweler (our locally-owned shop that we absolutely love – for those in Phoenix, go see Marc at Burland Jewelry Center) and looked through wedding bands for the boy.

I knew we would have a challenge on our hands when we began driving over. Our conversation:

Me: Soooo, are you excited?

Him: Yeah…but I don’t really know what I’m going to like.

Me: I know but I think you’ll feel differently when you get there and can try some on.

Him: …I don’t know.

Me: What’s the matter?

Him: I don’t really wear any rings and it’s not like I go around looking at guys’ wedding bands. I just don’t know what I’m going to like.

Me: Well, I think you need to just take your time, try on a bunch and don’t settle until you find one that you love.

Him: What if I don’t know what I love…what if I like a few of them? Just make sure that you give me your honest opinion.

Me: Has that ever been an issue of mine? Don’t answer that. I will give you my honest opinion but not until you give yours. I don’t want to decide on the ring for you, I want you to love it and I’m happy to weigh in but ultimately, you need to love this – it’s your ring.

Him: But I want your opinion, I trust your judgment and I don’t really know what I want.

Ugh.

Please tell me someone else had this same discussion? Are those crickets I’m hearing?

Luckily this story ends happily.

We arrived at the jeweler and began looking through the bands. There are a LOT of men’s bands. Plain or ornate, bling or no bling, multiple metal types, millimeter width, etc. I thought chicks had a lot of options…good grief.


(source)

After trying on quite a few, he began to find a style that he seemed to gravitate toward. He wanted simple and classic but not plain. Did we nail it?


Obligatory wedding band glamour shot

And here are our rings together – don’t they just look so happy?


Shout out to Frogger for the photo set-up, good job stud

Did you have a roller coaster ride when you picked out your love’s wedding band?

No comments:

Post a Comment