Sunday, July 25, 2010

Let's play the waiting game

Since I’m obsessively checking every 5 minutes waiting patiently for my pro pics, this is a great time to revisit some of the last minute projects I tackled just days before the wedding…and in some cases, literally at the eleventh hour.

Thanks to the genius that is Mrs. Lemon, I discovered iRave and knew I had to add it to my never-ending list of projects. In the early morning hours before our flight to Seattle, I quickly laid out the little photo cards in Photoshop. Because I’m extremely creative (read: brain dead from lack of sleep and too many last minute wedding projects), I blatantly copied Mrs. Lemon’s fab little directions for using the site. I tried my best to create a design the tied to our theme, it’s sad, but it was the best I could manage on 3 hours of sleep. :)

I also decided in my sleep deprived state that creating cute little Mr. and Mrs. signs for our chairs would be a nice touch…luckily those were very simple to do:

In my fit of Photoshop projects, I also realized that I had yet to create the sign for our “guestbook” – the fantastic wine bottle that we got from Frogger’s family antique shop (did I mention that we had access to as many cool antiques as we wanted? Yeah, it was awe.some). Below is the sign we created – you’ll have to wait to see the bottle in all its glory.

And of course, after seeing Mrs. Cola’s post about crafts, I realized I hadn’t created a sign for our guest shuttle bus…add that to the list! I’m sure I could have gone on and on (and well, I did create the welcome letter for our out-of-town bags and a sticker for the bags but they were scraped after I reached my zen state of “nobody will ever know the difference” – this became a mantra for me as the wedding grew closer and projects loomed, just being real here).

Did you fall victim to crazy-must-add-more-projects-to-the-list bridal insanity and tackle craft projects at the last minute? Did “nobody will ever know the difference” become a mantra for you at all during the wedding planning process? Tell me I’m not alone…

No comments:

Post a Comment