Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Officially Hitched: Reception Begins...

So following our gorgeous ceremony, I ducked away for a quick change. Thanks to my uber talented Mom and my very generous Aunt, I was able to subtly change up my look for the reception. I'm a very lucky girl.

Enter slightly-more-glammed-up-Mrs. Frog:

Behold...hair up and new sash...faaaaancy

At this point, I didn't know anyone was around other than Mr. Frog. We hadn't planned a formal entrance to the reception, we just hoped to kinda slip in quietly and make the rounds. Typing that now, I realize how ridiculous that sounds...oh yeah, we'll just slip in, nobody will EVER notice. Bride brain at its finest, folks.


It was such a great feeling to take the hand of my new husband and enter our reception.




And it was almost as good as the impromptu applause and cheering as we made our entrance. Even now, thinking back, that moment makes me smile - I'm so glad it was captured on film...especially the shock on my face. Mind you, this is also when I was able to see the reception set-up in its entirety for the first time. Gor-geous.




We got some love from our guests and then made our way to our seats for dinner and roasts toasts.


The toasts were all things they should be - sweet, sentimental and hilarious. We loved every one of them!














How do you picture your reception? Are your friends the type to crack you up during toasts like ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment