Sunday, October 2, 2011

Officially Hitched: First Look

Now that my dress was on and my sash (thanks Mom!) was secure, it was time to see my groom.

Hello Handsome!

Luckily our photographers were seasoned veterans and walked us through this whole sneaky surprise. Frogger waited patiently while I mastered the art of being quiet...let me tell you, not a natural trait for me. Ahem.

Mr. Nervous Serious

Surprise!

What do you think?








I'm pretty sure at this moment I was thinking - can this day possibly get any better? Boy was I in for a ride...best.day.ever.

For those who are on the fence with a first look, I'll throw in my two cents. For us, it was by far one of the best decisions we made. Not only did it ease our nerves to see one another and provide a special moment that we could share on our own, it really helped the flow of the day. We were able to take the majority of the "required" photos prior to the ceremony, allowing for after-ceremony shots to be with our families and a few of the two of us in different spots throughout the grounds.

Obviously it's not for everybody and there are advantages to both ways of handling it but for us...it couldn't have been more perfect. You'll see another reason why in the next post. Yes, I'm a tease, I own it.

Do you plan on having a first look before your ceremony?

No comments:

Post a Comment