Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Officially Hitched: Down the Aisle

After our intimate moment together, it was time to head back up to the Manor and prepare for our walk down the aisle.

Our guests got seated and patiently waited for us to make our appearance.




Meanwhile, I shared a moment with my Grammie - this photo was captured by the Best Man on his phone and I honestly couldn't be more grateful. I vividly remember this moment and had no idea until after the wedding that he managed to freeze it in time. By far one of my favorite images of the day.


So as I flustered inside, my handsome husband-to-be walked his Mom down the aisle.




Followed by our wedding party...although sadly not all were captured as they lead the way.




And then it was time for me.



And just as I began to feel the moment of "wow...I'm walking down the aisle" - I was reminded of the reality of Murphy's Law.




Yep...that's right, dear hive...my veil caught on the walkway and the bushes and was clear pulled off. I guess I'm sorta grateful for the fact that there aren't any photos documenting that lovely bridal moment of my head being pulled backwards while my veil (still attached to my head) was desperately trying to escape behind me. My Mom worked to put it back in place but after a while, I was just ready to leave it behind...actually I believe the -very bridal- conversation went as such:

Me "Oh my GOD - did that just happen??"
Mom "We'll fix it, we'll fix it!!" (veil now sorta fastened-ish)
Me "It's gonna come out again...it feels loose"
Mom "Okay, let me try again..."
Me "It's fine, let's just go"
Mom "No I think I have it now" (still loose)
Me "I don't CARE - I just want to get married!"
Mom "Okay, I GOT IT!"

And the resulting image:

Luckily the last try worked and the veil stayed on...nothing like a little reality check! Only me...

Now we resume our scheduled walking:

I'm getting married!




Next up...we finally get to say "I do!"

Have you had any "Murphy's Law" moments along your wedding journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment