Thursday, June 3, 2010

That lovely wedding day glow

Aside from the expected inner glow I’ll have on my wedding day (squeee!), I started thinking about my outer glow…i.e. to tan or not to tan? It actually started a while back when bridesmaid Creeker and I were discussing one of the things she learned from her wedding – beware of invisible tan lines.

I know it sounds crazy since I live in the desert but most people here don’t really spend much time laying out, hanging by the pool, etc. Then again, that could be a different story if we had a pool…no, I’m not bitter, why do you ask? At the moment, I have visible tan lines that have taken up residence for months now and despite my best efforts to get rid of them, they seem to have become one with my skin.


(source) Gorgeous bride wearing a beautiful dress that unfortunately shows off her tan lines quite well.

I’m less than two months away from the wedding and I’m weighing my options. PS – can I also add how irritating it is that boys don’t have to worry about this?


(source) Let's just pretend that we have beaches like this in Arizona...a girl can dream.

Option 1: Chance it and try desperately to even out the tan between now and then.


(source) Am I the only one that thinks of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when looking at this photo?

Option 2: Fork out extra cash that’s not in the budget to experiment with spray tan.


(source) Anyone remember this scene from Bride Wars?

Option 3: Find a tan-in-a-bottle that won’t turn me orange.

Knowing that I will be spending the days before the wedding (hopefully) on the boat with our friends, I did have the foresight to purchase a bathing suit that is suitable for sunning in relation to my dress.


(source) Thanks for the discount Vicky, you’re a peach.

Although it’s not helping the bottom line, I’m leaning toward the spray tan option. My real concern is that I’ve never done it before so I’ll need to give it a try somewhat soon to make sure it agrees with my skin and I don’t have some sort of crazy allergic reaction….which is quite possible knowing my skin.

Has anyone tried spray tan before or have a good recommendation for tan-in-a-bottle? What option would you go with?

No comments:

Post a Comment