Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting my hair did

Since I got myself a little haircut today, I figured it was the perfect time to talk about wedding day hair. Can I just say, a haircut on a Monday morning – seriously such a great way to start a new week. Cue cheesy music.

Oh and I should clarify…haircut = trim. I’m one of many brides that’s growing out the mane for the wedding. Will I do a PWC (post-wedding chop), you ask? Only time will tell my friends…

For now, I’m thinking about options for wedding day hair. I think I’ve narrowed it down to two. Let’s explore, shall we?


(source)


(source)

I have to say that I love the look of loose waves. If I could wear my hair everyday like those lovely ladies above, I totally would. I also love that this hair lends itself to the environment – lake, summertime, vineyards – it feels very natural. My other thought on this style is that I typically wear my hair down and on my wedding day, I want to look like a glammed up version of myself so wearing it down seems like a very good option. up, might not be the most ideal choice if I’m wanting to look and feel like myself…hmm.


(source)


(source)

Chignon. Not only is it fun to say, it’s lovely to look at too. I love the simple, classic feel and if done somewhat loose, it will still have that natural look I’m going for. I feel like these really work with my “garden chic” theme. Not to mention that it would keep me cool since it would be off of my neck…and with summer heat, that’s definitely noteworthy.

Sooooo…thoughts my friends? Should I go down or up? What are you planning to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment