Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Officially Hitched: Getting Ready

Waking up on the morning of your wedding day is pretty surreal. The idea that you are actually getting married, that after the months and months of planning, the day has finally arrived...it's just incredibly emotional - in the best possible way.


Hello lovely! PS - did you see the cameo of my DIY hanger?

Being that everyone was visiting from out of town, we had rented houses and condos for everyone to stay in. To start my day, I headed over to my Mom's house so my Aunt (also known as the hair miracle worker) could do my 'do. The woman has a way with hair and considering it's her career, I felt extremely confident (and very lucky) having her tackle my tresses...even though we didn't do any sort of trial-run. Now THAT my friends, is trust.


Pre-makeup...clearly I'm having a brave moment as I post this for the world to see.

After my hair was just right, we piled into the cars and headed over to the Manor to finish getting ready before the boys arrived.






And just as I was putting on the final touches to my makeup...in walked my photographer with a gift from Frogger. As you may remember, I mentioned that he and I really enjoy cooking and creating recipes. I just adore his accompanying drawings.

As I sat there trying to guess what it might be, I couldn't believe my eyes as I opened the package. I was overwhelmed by the gift he created - he managed to sneak out with our little notebook filled with our delicious creations, took those treasured pages and made a cookbook complete with a bookmark engraved with my new initials. Aaaand cue makeup meltdown...






Meanwhile...Frogger was busy opening his gift from me. That requires a post all its own!

Are you planning to exchange gifts on your wedding day? Anyone else experience a makeup meltdown?

No comments:

Post a Comment