Monday, September 26, 2011

Officially Hitched: Pretty White Dress

So as much as I enjoyed wearing my comfy LOVE t-shirt and yoga pants...it was definitely time to step into that gorgeous white dress that had been waiting for me for weeks. Yes...WEEKS. Side story - because I got my dress in NYC, I had to fly there for my fittings three weeks before the wedding and then cross my fingers, hope and pray, and wish upon a shooting star that I didn't gain or lose an ounce for those three weeks. No sweat, right? Not like I have any pressure or nerves during that time...easy peasy.

What do you mean I look nervous?

And looking at the photo above makes me laugh because remember how I went to NYC to get my dress? Well...I flew that baby back with me to Arizona (the airline loved me for that)....and carried it through two airports including the security line. It just so happened that while going through security at JFK, I had a celeb run-in.


Jay Mohr was in line right behind me and laughed as I struggled to put my dress through the x-ray machine. We had a brief conversation and I left with his blessing on my impending nuptials...score! I then kept my white mistress hidden away in our house until it was time to fly to Seattle for the wedding...are we sensing a trend?

By this point (in the photo above) I was very much done with holding up that hanger...but boy did it make for a great arm workout. Take note, future brides. Holding up wedding dress in various locales = buff arms.

Digress much? Wow. Okay let's get me dressed already!

Suck in...please fit, please fit, please fit


Riddle me this...how many bridesmaids does it take to put on a wedding dress?

So bossy...

Finishing touches

All smiles!

Next up - I finally get to see Frogger...

PS - did you see the cameo of Mrs. Tiramisu's bracelet? I count myself very lucky to be the 5th Bee to wear it, I was thrilled to have it as my "something borrowed."

No comments:

Post a Comment